ENHANCE LEGAL SERVICES FOR RESTAURANTS & PUBS
Removing The Burden Of Employment Law and Health & Safety From Your Restaurant or Pub
DC Solicitors have an established background in assisting and guiding clients in the restaurant and pub sector nationally and are dedicated to providing pragmatic and up-to-date advice. See what Restaurant and Pub owners are saying about ENHANCE…
“DC Solicitors really understand our sector. Their lawyers and health and safety experts are easy to do business with; they have provided us with a full suite of up to date employment contracts, a staff handbook and very comprehensive health and safety policies and risk assessments which are specifically designed for our business. The advice that we get is always very commercial and business-focussed and it isn’t full of legal jargon. The ENHANCE scheme also helps us to budget for our annual legal and compliance spend and is extremely good value for money.”
Managing Director, Animal Pub Company Ltd
Free Guide to Legal Services for Restaurants and Pub Owners
As a Restaurant or Pub Owner:
- Have you got the necessary contracts in place for casual, full-time and part-time staff?
- Are the applicable contracts in place for your pub manager? Does it protect them if they live on site? Is it easy to get possession of your property, if needed? Does it cover what decisions they can take without your consent?
- Are the payments of tips and gratuities legally compliant?
- Are you aware of what actions are needed if your manager decides to work for a competitor when they leave and have the contractual clause in place?
- Are you complying with the national minimum wage or living wage regulations accordingly?
- Have you got the appropriate Health and Safety Policies and Risk Assessments in place?
- Do you have an up-to-date fire risk assessment for your building?
- Are you aware of how to lawfully deal with employees who hand ‘freebies’ to customers?
- Are you aware of how to lawfully deal with employees who are often late, fail to turn up to work at all or repeatedly call in sick?
- Are you aware of how to manage poor performance?
- Are you complying with the necessary policies to protect your employees from being harassed by colleagues, customers or members of the public?
- Are you prepared to lawfully deal with an employee if they steal stock or cash?
- Are you complying with the appropriate Working Time Regulations, by providing employees with the proper rest breaks?
- Have you carried out the suitable manual handling training for your employees?
- Are you aware of the requirements for the Security Industry Authority?
“DC Employment Solicitors understood that trying to deal with employment and health and safety issues can be a real challenge, particularly when we’re focussed on brewing and running our pub. If you’re running a business like ours, sometimes having proper documents and procedures in place can be overlooked – DC really got that and put it right for us.”
Restaurant and Pub Owner
We appreciate that trying to understand employment and health and safety law can be challenging at times, which is the reason why we created ENHANCE, so we can provide comprehensive support for restaurant and pub owners. We do the work for you, so you can get back to doing what you do best – running your business!
“The key points are immediate access, no need to hunt around, quick response to my employment problems, e.g. my worker is off sick and I need legal advice, but just want to pick up the phone and discuss my options.”
Owner, Prince of Wales Pub
- A review of any current employment documentation (contracts and policies/procedures) and provide an annual review. If any changes are needed we will amend these;
- A dedicated contact from our employment solicitors team, who will provide the necessary training, documentation and advice;
- Up-to-date advice and ongoing contact from our specialists (including regular email and video updates);
- Access to our qualified human resources department;
- Optional legal expenses insurance against employment tribunals: ENHANCE will cover the costs of our solicitors representing your business to defend an Employment Tribunal claim as well as any award made against the business if you are unsuccessful; and
- Access to our helpline facility, where prompt and practical guidance will be provided for any employment law concern from our professional solicitors.
HEALTH AND SAFETY SUPPORT
It is required that all restaurants and pubs have an appointed individual, who acts as their Competent Person under the Health and Safety Law. ENHANCE can provide your restaurant or pub with a Competent Person through our partner health and safety experts and includes:
- A Health and Safety representative from our specialist team who will be your designated Competent Person;
- A comprehensive Health and Safety policy and procedure package (including a signed Certificate of Compliance) for your restaurant or pub;
- A comprehensive Health and Safety Risk Assessment package for your restaurant or pub;
- An initial Health and Safety assessment;
- On demand guidance from our professional Health and Safety team through our dedicated helpline, which will provide you with instant and practical advice; and
- Support with Accident Investigations and Reports to Enforcing Authorities
ADDITIONAL SERVICES FOR RESTAURANT AND PUBS
Through our ENHANCE services, we are able to provide you with a selection of further services to complement the employment law and Health and Safety support that is provided, through our network of lawyers and barristers. You will be entitled to significant discounted rates as an ENHANCE member for the following services:
If you are applying for new premises licences and variations, we are able to guide you through the process, as well as assisting with contested applications and representation of licensees before Licensing Committees and appeals.
If you need advice in regards to company formations, mergers and acquisitions, management buy outs, joint ventures and commercial contracts with your suppliers and customers, we are able to provide appropriate assistance, representation and negotiation.
We are able to assist you with all business immigration issues including work permit applications, visas for persons establishing businesses or entering self-employment in the UK, and entry clearance applications for employees and their spouses and dependants.
If you require assistance with leasing, landlord and tenant disputes and the acquisition or disposals of commercial property, we are able to provide pragmatic advice and guidance.
Get In Touch
If you are interested in finding our more about our ENHANCE services, we would be more than happy to discuss your options and provide you with a quote. Please feel free to contact Darren Tibble or Daryl Cowan.
You can follow us on Twitter here @DCRestaurantlaw.
21 Carlton Crescent